You made a new commitment to yourself to get fit and lose those extra pounds in 2011, but it is only February and you are already bored stiff with your workouts. Here are a few tips to help you spice it up by adding variety to your routine:
- Hire a Personal Trainer. There is no better way to get results fast, while also getting alot of variety and education on how to keep moving forward towards your fitness goals. Plus, it makes working out challenging and fun! But choose wisely. Check out credentials, education, and experience. Talk to others who have used that trainer. And meet the trainer for a free consultation before signing up. Even I, as a trainer, will hire another trainer from time to time to challenge myself.
- Take a class. There are several classes offered through fitness centers, wellness centers, and community education. In our area, check out www.totalwellnesscoachingmn.com for the fun boot camps or www.willowbridgecenter.com for the fitness, yoga, and cycling classes. This winter I have been taking cycling classes – very fun and challenging. Last year I took several yoga classes – also very challenging for my “boot camp” body!
- Purchase a new workout video or piece of workout equipment to add to your home gym. Or join a local gym for variety. Make sure you get help on the equipment so you use correct form and don’t injure yourself.
- Invite a friend to join you. It is always more fun with a partner.
- Purchase some new tunes to motivate you.
- Sign up for an upcoming athletic event. There is nothing like a 5K race on your calendar to spur you on to stay committed to your workout routine. No one wants to collapse during a race due to lack of training!!
So, what are you waiting for? Get out there and kick some butt!