Aerobic exercise can be done by anyone at any age and fitness level. It includes walking, jogging, running, biking, and swimming – any exercise that moves large muscle groups in your body. If you are looking for motivation to begin an exercise regimen, or to increase your current regimen, now is a great time to get started. There are many important health benefits of aerobic exercise:
● Help maintain your weight: Aerobic exercise in combination with a healthy diet can help you maintain a healthy weight or shed a few pounds if that is your goal.
● Increase your overall strength and stamina: It may seem counter-intuitive but exercise actually increases your stamina and strength over time. Do not get discouraged if you feel tired when you begin an aerobic exercise regimen! Keeping your muscles strong as you age can improve your overall mobility as well.
● Reduce your risk of serious health conditions: Aerobic exercise reduces your risk of serious health conditions such as obesity, heart disease, high blood pressure, Type 2 Diabetes, stroke and even certain types of cancer.
● Strengthen your heart: Your heart is the most important muscle in your body. A stronger heart pumps blood more efficiently and improves overall blood flow in your body.
● Improve your mood: Aerobic exercise decreases your risk of depression, and can reduce tension and improve your overall mood.
● Live longer: Research shows that those who participate in aerobic exercise live longer than those who do not!
Perhaps the best part about aerobic exercise is that all it requires to begin is a first step! Total Fitness can help you take that first step when you are ready, or help you reach your current goal. We are a fitness center that is built around a community. We understand that everyone has their own fitness goals. Maybe you want to lose weight, maybe you want to improve your athletic ability, or maybe you simply want to connect with others while you do something healthy for yourself.
Develop a Customized Fitness Plan
Total Fitness offers a wide variety of options when it comes to aerobic exercise plans. We offer fitness classes, personal training sessions, boot camps, indoor cycling, and yoga classes. Our team will work with you to develop a customized fitness plan that includes aerobic exercise, strength training and nutrition to help you achieve your fitness goals. Call our team today at 763-237-3245 for more information!